fot

SPRING CARLISLE

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: SPRING CARLISLE
From: RDWISMER@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:29:30 EDT
I just returned from Spring Carlisle. It ia a large auto fleamaket and car
sale in Carlisle PA for American iron from the 30's through the 70's,
primarily. With 1100 vendor spaces and several hundred cars in the car
corral, it is living proof of the old adage "one man's junk is another man's
treasure" or vice versa.

Of note to Triumph folks is the group's published list of ...AMERICA'S TEN
MOST WANTED FOREIGN CARS:

       1. Porsche 356 Cabriolet
       2. Jaguar E-Type Coupe
       3. Jaguar MKII
       4. Porsche Speedster
       5. VW Karmin Ghia Convertible
       6. Austin Healy 3000
       7. Jaguar XK 120 Roadster
       8. Aston Martin DB4/5 Convertible
       9. Triumph TR 3-6
       10. Jensen Interceptor Convertible

Also, one guy had the results of an aborted TR3A restoration for sale:

       Hood
       Nose[large mouth]
       Doors
       Wire Wheels
       Suspension rebuild kit
       All kinds of new parts from  Moss/TRF

If you are interested, I have his name and number. He lives in Jackson,
TN.................Bob Wismer