fot

Re:water pump speeds

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:water pump speeds
From: "matt matthews" <mattspit@att.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:57:08 -0600
I am still looking for Gilmer pulleys. I had said I found one in the Moroso
catalog, it was listed under pulleys in the index. Then I woke up and looked
at the pulleys they sell for dry sumps. They are aluminum Gilmer pulleys in
several sizes (numbers of teeth). They sell for about $60 each. They can be
bought direct but are available for less from any Speed catalog that caries
Moroso parts, even if they don't have them in the catalog, as long as you
have a part number.

For our 1500 Spitfire they may be difficult to modify because the crankshaft
pulleys have a crankshaft hole that is only 1". I will pursue this if other
options don't materialize. Does anyone know if Huffaker has the right size
pulleys, if he buys them or makes them? I have seen them on his dry sump
engines.