fot

New track near Pine Bluff, Arkansas

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: New track near Pine Bluff, Arkansas
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 5:54:25 -0600
FYI......

Just thought I would let other FOTers that might be in
the general region know of a potential new track that
might be built.  I dont' have a lot of information at
the moment other than some rumors and a brief article
in the Pine Bluff Commercial newspaper from May 1st.

The article states.....

"After an economic impact and a feasibility study has
been completed, Lusby said he will be able to move
forward on his plan for the Darryl Lusby Motoplex.
The motoplex will be named in honor of the late Darryl
Lusby, a son of Ron Lusby, who was killed in an
automobile accident a few years ago.  Joe Dempsey of
Dempsey-Cockman and Associates, said, "He's (Lusby)
consolidating his business so that he can devote more
of his time to the Darryl Lusby Motoplex"."

Several people I work with have mentioned that the
track is supposed to be large enough to support vintage
road racing.  I believe the track is supposed to be
built on or near an (old?) airbase in the area.

Thats about all I know right now but will continue to
try and find out more information about the track.
I'll probably even try and place a call to Mr. Lusby
and see if that produces any results.  If anyone has any specific questions I
can try and get them answered.

--
Brad

http://www.141.com/Triumphs
http://www.141.com/Dodge

1951 Dodge 1/2 ton B3B pickup (being restored)
1953 Mayflower TT29490LDL (almost a driver)
1956 Devin (TR3 based)
1957 TR3 Road Racer
1961 TR4 CT288L (being restored)
1962 TR3B TCF1564L (some day)
1964 Spitfire 4 BFC25720L (of Belgian decent)
1965 Herald 1200
1967 TR4A (aka Freddy)

1968 TR250 CD8096 (Susan's project)