fot

cooling?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: cooling?
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 11:35:42 +0000
Okay, here's a new twist and a question with it.

My TR4 runs too cool, Temperature-wise, that is.

I fitted a large aluminum stock car style radiator to it and solved all
cooling problems once and for all. It's great.

However, now the engine doesn't get warm enough! On a 90 deg July day it
will run 160, and on a 50 - 60 deg day it will run 120 or so.

I don't have a thermostat in it, and I blocked off the bypass hose when
I was trying to cool it down while running the stock radiator.

Here's the question:  If I put a thermostat in it, should I make the
bypass hose operable again?

--

uncle jack and New Blue