fot

TR3-4A Header Hunt

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3-4A Header Hunt
From: JFrymark@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 20:41:27 EDT
The problem of a broken exhaust header (!!!!) ruined my top 10 run in the
Triumph -MG challenge at Buttonwillow last Sunday. But BIG THANKS to Bill
Burroughs who, while suffering with food poisoning all night prior,  helped
me try to relocate the header/exhaust from his car to mine in a failed
attempt to make the regular E Production race. Funny how much different each
of our standard production engines can be!

So, I am in the market for a header and remember a thread a few months ago
about problems that FOTers have had with various offerings. What units to
stay away from?  (I am running 45 DCOEs on a head shaved .055" and I think
I'll take this opportunity to increase from 2" to 3" pipe run to the rear of
the car). Anyone tried the Falcon SS header as sold by TRF? Would consider a
good used unit if you have to sell.

John Frymark
VARA EP #67 TR4A IRS