fot

TR3A Front Brake Hoses

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Front Brake Hoses
From: Wes Dayton <wdayton@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 19:49:17 +1000
Okay - this is probably easy, but I just want to be sure.  Have just
"rebuilt" the calipers on the race car, and noted that the hoses to them
looked decidedly "pedestrian".  Problem was that they were stainless
braided units that were made up in an "emergency" and weren't the right
length, chafed a lot and so on.  Not a good story, but at least I'm
going to fix it now.

Trouble is, at least in Australia I can't order TR3A hoses off the
shelf, and I don't seem to have any old ones to go by to figure out the
correct length.  So today I spent about an hour attaching some "pretend"
hoses, jacking the car up and down and turning the wheels from lock to
lock trying to see what length seemed about right.  My extremely
scientific system came to the conclusion that something "just under a
foot" was about right?  By that I am meaning the full length from the
end of one fitting to end of the other.

Anyone got an old one lying around to tell me if I'm in the right
ballpark?