fot

Re: SU HS2 modifications

To: <WEmery7451@aol.com>, <spitlist@gte.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU HS2 modifications
From: "R W Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:11:51 -0700
When I was racing my TR-3 in the late 50's and early 60's I indeed lightend
the piston by putting a big radius on the front of the piston.  BUT, this
was just hype . I was winning with great regularity and wanted people to
look there as their point of interest.  What they didn't know is that I'd
weighted the pistons back to stock with lead around the piston shaft.  I
really don't have a clue if it helped, but it didn't hurt and it satisfied
the class that I had something "special" going on. Ah yes, fun and games of
the olden days. I never ran oil or springs though.