fot

TR6

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6
From: "Tony Dains" <TDAINS@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 21:40:49 +1000
Another one from down under.
I am investigating the use of pop up pistons for my new TR6 race engine. Has
any one out there have any experience in using them- advantages disadvantages
etc or should I stick to flat tops
I presently run about 11.7 compression and would like to keep it about this
level or better
Also in the near future we will be forced into using no lead petrol(gas) We
presently use low lead avgas about 105 octane. I figure that the use of pop
ups may help flame propagation especially with non leaded petrol which has an
advertised rating of 98 RON!!! I think there will be a lot of bottles ofoctane
booster sold during race week.
Any thoughts on engine changes.

Tony