fot

Re: TR6

To: TDAINS@bigpond.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 10:53:37 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/01 4:47:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
TDAINS@bigpond.com writes:

<< I am investigating the use of pop up pistons for my new TR6 race engine.
Has
 any one out there have any experience in using them- advantages disadvantages
 etc or should I stick to flat tops I presently run about 11.7 compression
and would like to keep it about this
 level or better

I am not familiar with the TR-6 engines, but Jack Wheeler won the runoffs one
year in his TR-4 (Hardy right behind him) using Cosworth pop up pistons,
Carrillo Rods, and a Taber head.  Maybe Hardy was doing the same thing.  I
did the same thing for my last engine, but I am sure that Jack had his
components working together better than I had mine.

I ran four slow races in the rain, and then spun two bearings during the last
race while pushing the engine.  This is not saying that the use of these
components caused this disaster.  I am presently building a flat piston
engine, and will rebuild the pop up piston engine.

It would be a terrible kick in the rump if the US banded the use of leaded
racing fuel.  You would think that your island nation would have enough cross
winds to carry most of the lead out to sea.