fot

Memorial Day Thought

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Memorial Day Thought
From: Jeff Wilt <jwilt@leighengineering.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 12:35:13 -0500
I just got back to the office after having witnessed a fly by of the local
wing of the Confederate Airforce (a great advantage of inner city
airports). This group restores and flies vintage military aircraft.  Planes
included the P-40, P-51 Mustang, Spitfire, and a Thunderbolt.  Many had the
D-Day stripes on their wings.

As our cars (especially the '50s models) were built in that era
'after-the-great-war', I offer a word of encouragement, to stop and
remember those who went before us, at some point this weekend.

***

There will be a B-17 on which one can purchase a ride at Addison airport
this weekend. I will pass on this, as I think racing a 41 year old car is
exciting enough.  FLYNG in a 61 year old plane, however fun, seems........

Jeff - #39 TR3A

Jeffrey Wilt, PG, CPSM
Rone Engineers, Inc.
8908 Ambassador Row, Dallas, TX 75247