fot

Re: Figure Eight Gaskets

To: rgk@flash.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Figure Eight Gaskets
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 17:02:52 EDT
This sounds correct...I think I have steel and the unconfirmed (w/dial
indicator) indication is about .002.   The additional .003 would put me in
the spec.

I could put out a plea to TRF or someone.

Thanks for a nice piece of info.

Joe

<< Joe,
 I studied this once, and if I remember correctly, the stock copper figure
 8's were somewhere around .0175". The steel ones sold by VB and others came
 in around .0145". If you used the steel ones, maybe the .003" is enough to
 fix it. I suppose you could trim an appropriate amount off the deck and go
 to the thinner ones as well.