fot

Re: shockers for Scrappy

To: BRITPAC@aol.com
Subject: Re: shockers for Scrappy
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:55:59 -0600
It has always been my understanding that the standard single adjustable
Koni shock is engineered for a specific application and is fitted to that
application set to its softest setting. After many miles of use, when the
shocks performance shows signs of deterioration they can be adjusted
stiffer to compensate for wear. This makes them ideal for the long run,
probably your best investment in a shock and provide good control in the
bargain.
Good luck on your GR adventure!
Bill 70 GT-6+

On Wed, 30 May 2001 12:16:50 EDT BRITPAC@aol.com writes:
> While gas nitrogen shocks can hang in there all day, it looks like
> gas shocks
> don't enter the picture before 1960, so those are out. Apparently
> Koni
> adjustibles are oil shocks, and the GR rules state 'any hydraulic
> shock'. I
> don't really need a stiff shock, just one that will give better
> dampening
> than stock (cheap) replacements and can hold up to a pounding all
> day. I'm
> guessing the Koni's set at a low setting might be the best choice:
> any
> opinions?
>
> Steve & Janet Hedke
> 1957 TR3 "Team Scrappy"