fot

Re: Lousy wheel bearings

To: wgrosenbach@juno.com
Subject: Re: Lousy wheel bearings
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:35:35
>From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
>To: greenman62@hotmail.com
>CC: thefryes@iconn.net, fot@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: Lousy wheel bearings
>Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:54:06 -0600
>
>I always go to the local bearing and seal monger for bearings and always
>try to get stuff made in the USA. I have, however taken in a bearing only
>to be told " they don't make this bearing".
>
>But you're holding one in your hand.

   Gee, that sounds like "Autozone" and the Bosch W7BP Platinum plug)...

   We may run out of the "quality auto suppliers" with all
   this "replace" instead of "repair" philosophy in automotive
   maintenance. Still there are folks in the business that give a shit
   and there are some who look beyond the computer screen when it comes
   to replacement parts.

   If you don't have a bearing shop locally find a NAPA, Carquest or
   local "oldtimer's" auto parts store... You'll know it by the greasy
   old cars and street rods outside and greasy old men with attitudes
   inside. They'll laugh at your "leetle furrin' car" but bear with it.
   You're all cut from the same cloth, "torchbearers for the forgotten".

   These are the guys who guys who "REPAIR" cars go to for that "widget
   off a 54 Chevy Coupe'".

   Just stay away from the Bozo autosuppliers... They're only good for
   buying oil, those smelly cardboard pine trees and the occasional
   battery.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)