fot

Re: Spitfire Wheels

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Wheels
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:39:01 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Joe Curry wrote:

> Since I cannot get Mark Bradakis to respond to my numerous inquiries,
> I am sending this question to the list.

> 1. What is the widest 13" wheel that anyone has used successfully n a
> Spitfire for racing purposes (Particularly autocross)?

Go to the tire web site of your choice of tire, e.g. Goodyear.

Look at the tire size that you want... there will be a a recommended wheel
size listed. There's good reason for the listing. Use it.

Alternately, look in the rules book. Most Prepared classes list a max. rim
width. For example, the FP TR6 lists 7 inch by 15 rims. I don't have
access to my rulebook right now owing to the fact that it was one of the
things floating around in my race car yesterday, but I'm pretty sure the
DP rules list a rim size for the Spitfire.

> 2. What sources of wheels are available at reasonable prices?

Lots of sources. Just figure out what you want. If you want _cheap_, try
Diamond wheels. The steel ones are fairly heavy, but they are a quality
product. If you want lighter, there's Panasport and the other Mini Lite
knockoffs like Superlite etc. If you want really light, there's Panasport
Lights and Keizer... for your spitfire there's evena Panasport UltraLite.
Cost goes up as a function of weight - the lighter the more expensive
(more or less). Keizer is a good value for the money, IMHO.

> 3. Is Mark in the business of actually "Selling" stuff?

I can't answer this. In fact this question is sort of "out of line". It is
most certainly "strongly worded" and likely to cause "strong responses".

> 4. If the answer to 3 is yes, then how does he stay in business if he
> ignores his potential customers?

Mark will likely answer this one himself either with a response or not.
Bottom line - he's an enthusiast like the rest of us. It's _very hard_ to
generate the volumes of parts sales needed to make your living with these
cars... besides, Mark has to deal with all those silly bad messages
from/to AOL everyday. ;-)

Tell you what, Joe - how about I send you 2000 messages a day with bad
information in them. Could you still do your 9 - 5 gig?

Not to be blunt - LAY OFF.

Thanks for being understanding.

> Regards,
> Joe (C)

Have a nice day.

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |