fot

Re: GT-6/Spitfire brakes

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: GT-6/Spitfire brakes
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:44:01 -0700
Joe :

It gets confusing here, since there are many different places to measure
pressure.

The force exerted by a hydraulic piston is the hydraulic pressure times
the area of the piston.  So, if the system pressure stays the same, a
larger slave piston means more force applied to the shoes.

Perhaps your authority said the _pedal_ pressure (or the hydraulic
pressure), would be higher with a smaller cylinder (for the same braking
force).  Or, perhaps he was talking about the master cylinder (where a
smaller piston gives you more braking force for the same pedal
pressure).

Randall