fot

Re: Total Seal rings

To: "Randall" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Total Seal rings
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:32:10 -0700
As I remember the BonAmi was in a can with lid  drilled for shaking the
stuff onto your stuff. It also came in a cake form.  We used cake form  for
glass cleaning and scouring things but was too gritty for lapping. I would
think that something like Comet or Ajax should be okay. If it were me, I'd
do a test with an old ring set and see how the pattern looked after say 4
strokes.  If you could see vertical lines on the ring face or if more than
1/3 of the ring face is gray then it's way way to course but if you have a
nice matte grey finish about 1/4 of the ring face, use that puppy.  If the
matte finish is not solid then give it a couple more strokes when lapping.