fot

Reality Check

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reality Check
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:19:16 -0700
I have been doing some budgetary calculations to see what it is going to cost
to supercharge a 1300 engine (and do it right).  So far, I have come up
with places to spend over $6200.

On a whim, I called a wrecking year and asked what it would cost to buy a low
mileage Honda S2000 engine and transmission.  The guy did some checking
and found several very low mileage units (one with 4 miles, he said) complete
with all the electronics and 6 speed gearbox ready to drop in for $7500
delivered.

So for a mere $1300 (or less) I will get a 6 speed gearbox that I know will
handle the 240 hp and won't have to worry about any engineering of the
clutch to make it work.

So, my question here is, "How many of you will be pissed off that I abandoned
the Triumph power plant and went to a rice burner engine?"

(Be kind, I haven't made any decisions yet)  :)

Regards,
Joe (C)