fot

need fiberglass spit fenders

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: need fiberglass spit fenders
From: thomas a strange <jantoms@vbe.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 05:53:11 -0500
Good morning all,
  As I was about to announce that #4 white spitfire was successfully
starting its competition life..........
  Sunday at blackhawk, a VW (inside of me)decided not to hit his brakes
until past the turn in point... he spun me in traffic.  I am now looking
for sources for fiberglass rear fenders & possibly a bonnet.  Hopefully
the bonnet can be repaired, but I still have to look at that.
  I will call the frame shop today to find out if they can straighten
the frame in the next few days, but I would like to start sourcing some
parts.  I know of Japco, but is there anyone else?
  The car & safety parts did their job.  I am okay & it looks like the
running gear survived kay with the exception of a cut tire.  I am
impressed with the way the chassis took the hits (3 of them) so now I
need to do the car the honor getting it back on the track.
  Any help would be appreciated if any one knows of sources of parts,
particularly lightweight race parts.
  Thanks in advance,
Tom