fot

Re: 1956 RHD TR3 [factory "prepared"]

To: Ebeich117@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net, vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1956 RHD TR3 [factory "prepared"]
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 19:23:33 EDT
In a message dated 7/21/2001 6:15:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Ebeich117@aol.com writes:

> Dear Sir;
> In 1956 myself (E. Boyd Eichenlaub Jr.) my cousin (Eugene W. Gettig) and my
> auto dealer (Austin Davis) imported three RHD,white/red, TR3 Triumphs.
> These
> cars had factory prepared engines and factory competition suspension. The
> cars were raced by the owners the 1956 season with the success of never
> having been beaten by another Triumph. Some but not all appeared at
> Cumberland Md, Dunkirk NY, Giants Despair Pa., Watkins Glenn NY, Put in Bay
> Oh, and other events in the East.
>
> I sold my TR3 in late 1956 or early 1957 and purchased a Porsche Super 1600
> coupe.
>
> E.W. Gettig continued to race his car during the 1957 season. He later
> traded
> this car to Bob Grossman of West Nyak NY for a Fraiser -Nash.
>
> I don't know just when Mr. Davis sold his TR3 but he Raced a Porsche 1500GS
> speedster in 1958.
>
> Any info about the later lives of these cars would be appreciated.
>
> Regards;
>
> Edward B. Eichenlaub Jr.

Edward, with this reply I'm copying an e-mail list of folks involved in all
aspects of Triumph competition -- the "Friends of Triumph" list. On this list
are some folks who, ahem, have been around Triumph racing for many, many
years, and some of them might just at least remember one or more of these
cars if not know more current status. I'm also copying The Vintage Triumph
Register's general membership e-mail list.

Fellow FoT'ers, do any of you have any information on these cars?

Perhaps we could place your note in the next issue of our magazine, _The
Vintage Triumph_, to see if others amongst our membership have any ideas as
well.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>