fot

RE: Totally NASCAR-- We've been scammed!

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, Friends of Triumph
Subject: RE: Totally NASCAR-- We've been scammed!
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 11:09:39 -0700
It's hardly a scam. It's the camel's nose into the tent. I have a fair
amount of visibility into Speedvision, and there's a very good chance that
all the stuff you love is going to slip away. It would be stupid for them
to abruptly shift the viewership, it will be a more gradual thing, but I
expect (and most of the people on the inside expect) that NASCAR will
quickly come to dominate.  I haven't confirmed this, but I understand that
NASCAR even has some ownership now.

Of course F1 would probably go away anyway. Bernie Eccelstone is making it
very expensive. The German GP negotiations went right down to the wire. I
don't think there's any agreement for the rest of the season.

I could live without the Boatyard stuff, and a lot less about airshows,
but Speedvision is almost all I watch TV for.