fot

Re: TR4 Aluminum Flywheel Wanted

To: dos_gusanos@msn.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Aluminum Flywheel Wanted
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 21:44:18 EDT
In a message dated 7/30/01 3:07:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dos_gusanos@msn.com writes:

<< I know this question has been asked before,  but we are looking for an
 Aluminum Flywheel for Rob's Triumph.  Who makes the best
 one?.............Thanks Henry Morrison, Albuquerque, NM

Mine came from Mr. Webber of Malvern Racing.  He advertises in the SCCA
Sports Car magazine, and he ordered it from Tilton in California.  It
consists of a single wafer disc and a small harmless looking diaphragm
pressure plate.  I have been using the stock diaphragm throw out bearing with
a fabricated 3" distance piece between the forks and the bearing.

A smaller throw out bearing was furnished, which I should be using, but my
machinist has not as of yet made me another distance piece for it.  The
clutch operates sort of like an on-off switch -- have to be careful while
driving in the paddock.

Is this the best setup?  I do not know.  You supposedly can get a skinny
steel flywheel, which is not much heavier than the aluminum, and will hold up
better.