fot

Triumphs at SCCA Solo II Northeast Divisionals

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumphs at SCCA Solo II Northeast Divisionals
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:42:18 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings Triumph fans,

Triumphs "held thier own" against the various offerings from Europe and
Asia the weekend past at the SCCA Solo II Northeast divisionals. The event
was held at the former Griffiss AFB in beautiful Rome, NY.

For this author, it was only the second time on concrete. Yeee-hah! I
like it!

Points of interest - check out:

http://www.nedivsolo2.org/results2.html

Triumph highlights: 2 TR6's in FP, me and Dean van de Carr. Matt Wilder
TROPHIED in EP, garnering second place only about .7 second back from
Chang Ho Kim in a Honda. The EM TR7 (Mazda turbo rotary powered) of Steve
Hayward won EM.

Personal highlight: my total time beat all the EP, CP and EM entries,
making my effort the third best overall time in a production based car...
second fastest if you consider that the DM carr of Larry Schauf is
basically a formula car with a lotus Europs body dropped on it. I am very
satisfied with my performance.

Did I say I like concrete?

Anyway, next stop - TOPEKA.

Hope to see some of you there in September!

Yours in Triumph,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |