fot

TR4A - TR6 REAR HUBS

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A - TR6 REAR HUBS
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 12:14:07 -0500
FOT,
I purchased a set of the high dollar competition rear hubs from Cambridge
Motorsports. I believe these are also sold by TR Enterprises and
Racetorations, and may be made by Quaiffe. These units came disassembled,
and have 3 custom made parts, plus bearings and hardware. One of our local
guys is manufacturing Cobra kit car frames to original specs, and has had
hubs and other seemingly complex parts made through modern computer
techniques. He believes he can duplicate the 3 parts and sell these hubs
somewhere around $350 to $400 a side. The only difference side to side is
the threads on the stub axle. I don't know what the demand for this would
be, but I paid somewhere around $550-$600 a side to get mine here from the
UK. These hubs can use standard TR halfshafts, or be drilled for something
else instead. He doesn't want to pursue it unless there is enough demand for
50 sets. Anyone interested? If enough people show interest, he'll draw them
up on the computer and nail down the cost before taking orders.

Bob Kramer
TR6, TR4A, TR4, 2.5PI
Hill Country Triumph Club
Corinthians Vintage Auto Racing