fot

Re: Basic Question...was horsepower question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Basic Question...was horsepower question
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 23:20:43 EDT
Thanks for all who answered. I told you guys at Mid -Ohio that we were way
down on power. You thought we just couldn't drive worth a damn (may also be
true). Sounds to me like we are down somewhere in the 20-30 hp range. But, we
purposely developed our chassis first and sorted out the safety on the car.
We are currently maximizing the engine we have on the dyno. Next we are
trying different carbs and then electronic ignition. Then we have another
higher compression engine nearly finished, We will install it after the
season (or sooner, if we break this one) and get ready for next year. You
guys better watch out (especially you Henry) if we get that much more
horsepower.
Heck, we may even start running our new set of tires and get one of those
fancy driving coaches like the Porsche boys have.
As always, we'll document what we do (with little or no b.s.) in Grassroots
Motorsports. The idea of a portable dyno at Mid Ohio is intriguing. I could
quite possibly make that happen, if I could get enough people to use it.
Maybe we could offer a prize for the guy who makes the most horsepower.

Thanks again,
Tim Suddard/GRM