fot

Re: Basic Question...was horsepower question

To: GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: Basic Question...was horsepower question
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 07:15:59 -0400
At 11:20 PM 8/9/01 EDT, GRMTim@aol.com wrote:
>You guys better watch out (especially you Henry) if we get that much more
>horsepower.

Nothing will make me happier than seeing the GRM TR3 tooling around faster!
At M-O you only need to pick up 5 seconds a lap or so!   ;-)

That is unless I make some more changes... Perhaps I should say changes
that move me UP in the pack, as opposed to the other way!

>Heck, we may even start running our new set of tires and get one of those
>fancy driving coaches like the Porsche boys have.

Wow, a GRM coach like the Big Bucks guys run??? I am having problems
picturing the big "Grassroots Motorsports" logo on on the side of a
mega-expensive motorcoach! What's wrong with that picture?

<big grin>

>As always, we'll document what we do (with little or no b.s.) in Grassroots
>Motorsports.

I look forward to reading all about it. I hope to borrow a few tricks!

>The idea of a portable dyno at Mid Ohio is intriguing. I could
>quite possibly make that happen, if I could get enough people to use it.

Any idea of what kind of numbers you need to generate? Number of people and
cost per person? I am really intrigued. Sounds like a super idea. I'd pay
some bucks for some chassis dyno time.

All the best.