fot

Re: Racing Seat Selection/Safety - Pending SCCA Changes

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Racing Seat Selection/Safety - Pending SCCA Changes
From: EPRacer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:05:07 EDT
Cary:

There has been a lot of text in many motorsports publications recently about
this very subject.  NASCAR is to release their "investigation/whitewash"
soon.  There are good arguments on both sides, and I am hoping we will be
able to have some options in SCCA.  I will tell you I have not yanked out my
Simpson belts, and don't intend to.  What I have done is to add the Kirkey
head supports to both sides of the frame of my seat.  I thought they would be
an obstruction, but from the first time I used them, they made no difference
in vision or exiting.  That was in response to a fellow club racer who put
his Corvette sideways into a concrete barrier at the end of the front
straight at Moroso and is no longer with us.

I would be grateful if there was some information available so we drivers
could make intelligent decisions, and not have Denver tell us what they think
is best for Denver.

Lyn Pollock
EPRacer@aol.com