fot

Triumph powered MG

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph powered MG
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:23:06 EDT
I've got the opportunity to pick up an MG TD that is fitted with a TR3 engine
and tranny.  The car is really a pile of parts right now.  The owner was a
local guy who had the car built specially for himself, then as we all must
some day,  he croaked.  The car was with a buddy who thought the widow should
keep it but she insisted that he return the car so she could sell it.  Well
he returned the car, but took it completely apart before he did.  It's been
sitting in 3 different locations for the past 10 years or so.  I've been told
that the car was running and being driven when taken apart. From what I've
been able to see the work was all professionaly done, but I'm not familiar
with MGs.

My question is had anyone done this conversion or know of someone that did.
I'm wondering about typical problems that would arise.  Engine weight of the
TR's got to be greater.  Seems to me that the car should go like a scalded
cat if it is set up right.

Bob Paul
Corrales NM