fot

: TR4A - TR6 REAR HUBS

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: : TR4A - TR6 REAR HUBS
From: "Mordy Dunst" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:26:40 -0500
My TR4A IRS was built by S. Froines who seems to recall that he had three
trick rear drive assemblies made by a machine shop in San Francisco in
1966-7.   He indicated that Mr. Kastner was somewhat involved in this
set-up...paying the bill?   Kas....Correct me if I'm wrong or fill in ...
The reasons they needed an uprated hub/half shaft...is the same reason we do
today..

I spoke to Mr. Froines several months ago about the rear end.  He doesn't
recall what the machine shop did but, whatever it was it was "bullit -
proof".  I believe that since it is still working today more than thirty
years later..

I was under the impression that this was a 240z set-up..but, when I went to
the local Datsun dealer and looked at the microfiche files of exploded
iews  -none of the parts were similar.  The good news is that the bearings
were chosen for ease of replacement and LOW cost....

Mordy Dunst