fot

TR 4 cyl Flywheel bolts

To: "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TR 4 cyl Flywheel bolts
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 23:45:45 -0700
Hi Everyone,

We recently had a string going on one of the lists about flywheel bolts for
the 4 cylinder TR engine. New bolts were on backorder for me at TRF and
Moss. Some of the racing folk were recommending a Ford bolt of 7/16 diameter
that meant a bunch of machine work on the crank.

Finding all of this a conundrum...I consulted the fastener bible...my ARP
catalog!

I found that ARP has a flywheel bolt kit for the 'A' Series BMC engine with
3/8 x 24 thread. I called up ARP and found the bolt was exactly as long as
the needed bolt for my TR! I ordered 4 of them for only $1.28 each - factory
bolts from Moss are $2.40 each...

I am certain the ARP bolt is superior in every way to an original bolt.
Now...if I can only get the right length stud for my main bearing caps -
well, that's another story.

The part number if you need flywheel bolts as bad as I did is: P6AJ.900-1

Check out ARP at:

http://www.arp-bolts.com/

NFI, of course!

Cheers,