fot

Goodwood Revival Meeting

To: fot@autox.team.net (FOT)
Subject: Goodwood Revival Meeting
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:17:01 EDT
To my Friends

Today I attended the Goodwood Revival Meeting with my Triumph Vitesse.

All along the pit lane, every single flagpole (about 15) had a U.S. flag
flying at half mast, additionally, every other flag on site, whether it be an
American or  British was also flying at half mast.

At around 2pm, a priest blessed the race meeting, this was heard all over the
race circuit. He also asked everyone to remember our brothers and sisters in
the USA, in view of the terrible events earlier this week.

Two minutes silence was then held.

It began with the slow flypast of a 2nd World War P-51 Mustang, (not easy for
the pilot in gusty conditions), about everyone in the grandstand, (where I
was located) stood up.
At the end of the two minute silence, the same Mustang did a very fast
flypast.
Then the band of one of the Queens' Guard regiments in full ceremonial
outfits marched down the main straight playing The Star Spangled Banner.

During the silence, I prayed, after the silence, I wept.

I am proud to have my humanity and compassion.

God Bless America.

Leon

1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible (Diva)
1988 Volkswagen 1600GT Scirroco Coupe (Driver)
Wimbledon, London, England.