fot

Re: IRS Triumph Differential Axle Seals

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: IRS Triumph Differential Axle Seals
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 13:20:27 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I just wanted to ping the list on this topic. I somewhat recently thought
I had solved a pesky leak from the output shafts of my TR6 differntial.
I've been through 5 or 6 events with that fix in place, but now the leak
is back. It's not major, but will likely be major if left unattended.

The question is - Am I going to have to start a regimen of replacing the
output shaft axle seals every 5 or 6 races? This seems fairly strange
considering that the seals are more "modern lip seals" than "old leather
seals" and should therefore be more durable than the old ones.

Or is my logic failing?

The annoyance is that the stub axles are a PITA to replace.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. Replacing the TR6 with a Miata is
def. _not_ an option.

:-)
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |