fot

Re: IRS Triumph Differential Axle Seals

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: IRS Triumph Differential Axle Seals
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:24:19 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 Gt6steve@aol.com wrote:

> Could the diff breather be plugged forcing oil past the seals when things
> warm up?

Nope - there's an AN 6 fitting and 1/2" hose venting to a tank in the
wheel well. I am 99% certain this is not a problem. However, over the
winter, I will be rigging this up with real plumbing and real vented catch
tanks, so we'll see how that pans out.

I really think the seals are tearing for some reason, but I can't prove
that without sucessfully taking a stub axle apart. If they are tearing,
then I'd like to address that, if they are not tearing, then I need to
look at solutions like speedisleeves or that sort of thing, or another
differntial housing that is easier to work on and make more dependable.

No, I don't really want to go the Nissan 300 ZX route. At least not yet.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |