fot

Re: IRP incident

To: 356drb@indy.net, dmeadow@juno.com (David Littlefield), brian@uunet.ca,
Subject: Re: IRP incident
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:28:40 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/01 1:44:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time, 356drb@indy.net
writes:

<< The car had a flak blanket, but the steel transmission tunnel was torn from
 the floor on both sides.  On the left side there were pieces of bell
 housing, while on the right side, the pressure plate cover, some disc
 fragments and springs accompanied the bell housing fragments.  The blanket
 was helpful but needed better attachment to the floor to be effective.

Many years ago, I managed to tack weld some metal plate to the transmission
tunnel in the vicinity of my feet.  Would this system work?  I do not know
since I never blew up any pressure plates.  Maybe I better start using more
hold-down bolts.