fot

Re: Conversion of Spitfire to GT6 Drum Brakes ?

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Conversion of Spitfire to GT6 Drum Brakes ?
From: DanTR4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:23:43 EDT
They bolt right up and are much bigger. Speaking of which I have a right and
left GT6 Mark 1 backing plates and drums with all new components including
Aeroquip lines. Drums and plates sandblasted and painted. Drums 'miked' and
refinished. They are for a customer whom I was supplying bits to rebuild his
68 MK1. All the sudden he runs out of money and I am stuck with this which
took me along time to get together and build as new. If anyone is interested
let me know and I will call him one last time to give him a chance to pay for
them. His cost is $487.41. If he can't pay for them I would sell them. My
cost is $286.07 plus about $25.00 in assorted shipping fees. I'll sell them
for a flat $250.00 and throw in two extra sets of new brake shoes I have had
in stock for years.
List of items:  Drums and backing plates
               New:  Brake Adjuster Assemblies
                         Wheel Cylinders