fot

Re: pickpockets, no LBC

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: pickpockets, no LBC
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 16:38:50 -0800
GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:

> I have heard that Italian Cities are famous for Pickpockets

One scam I learned of first hand in Rome, I thought rather amusing.  A
whole gaggle of little boys, not more than 8 or 9 years old ran up
trying to sell us newspapers.  While two of them spread the papers out,
several more ducked underneath, and I felt light fingers going over my
pockets.  My friend yelled "They're pickpockets !" (in English of
course) and they ran away.

Petty theft is also apparently a big problem in Italy.  Several people
told me that the reason none of the cars had radios was so they wouldn't
be stolen.

Randall