fot

Re: Trailer/Tow Vehicle Survey (Plus interesting pantyhose

To: spitfiresuz@141.com, Catpusher@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trailer/Tow Vehicle Survey (Plus interesting pantyhose
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:45:00 EST
In a message dated 11/26/01 3:11:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
spitfiresuz@141.com writes:

<< I can imagine what a single-axle's reaction would be! >>

During the decades that I used the "once down the road" 14 1/2" house trailer
tires, I blew out many tires on the single axle trailer.  No big major
calamities happened.  I would just come to a gradual flapping stop off of the
road onto the berm.  There were times that I didn't notice flats until I
would smell burnt rubber and see a smoke screen in the rear view mirror.

A wheel and rim supply house found me a 14" old Chevy pickup truck rim with
the same six bolt pattern.  A snow tire is mounted on this rim to be used as
the spare trailer tire.