fot

A few misc. parts to sell

To: Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: A few misc. parts to sell
From: Justin <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:42:18 -0800
I've priced these parts to sell...   I do like to use E-bay, but it
takes a lot of time to photograph and put these things on line... and I
just don't have time these days...  Funds go to a great cause...  my new
shop Monrovia, California...  where I hope to proceed with more TR
products when the dust settles...  FYI, I am in Pasadena, California.

--Justin Wagner

TR 4A IRS outer rear hub...  Driving flange to the first universal joint
yoke.  I believe it is in good working order...  I had been sitting on
it for another project that has since gone away...   (from a california
car, no significant salt pitting, etc.)   $70.00

Spitfire4 MK1  (I believe)  -- the soft knee/crash pad that mounts to
the left of the center dash support -   I sat on this for about 15 years
because it was in such good shape...  but it did have a couple little
tears in it...   recently, to test a repair kit, I repaired the
splits... and it's amazing... the piece is concours quality now... you'd
really have to work hard to find the repair.   ...  $15.00

TR 4A IRS - Rear Axle  -  In good working order... I paid $275.00 for
this thing over a decade ago... and have kept it in storage all this
time.    I believe it's in great shape...  The guy I had bought it from
was a guy like me, and he had been sitting on it for years too...
subsequently, I doubt this has been on a driving car since the 70's.
It's from a California car, thus there's no significant rust.   I made a
crate for it in the early 90's...  custom.....   as I had planned to
ship it to England to have a different ratio put it...  (I believe it's
the standard 3.7:1)   It would be an excellant way to store a back-up
rear axle for vintage racing... so that you don't have the awkward part
rolling about.   The axle is fully supported and mounted inside the
crate, but can be removed quickly.   I'll sell the axle and crate
together for $175.00.   Unfortunately, due to the weight, I would really
prefer to sell this to someone that is local... OR that has a buddy that
can come and get it, and sit on it until you're in state, or ship it to
you... etc..  (Believe me, it's worth buying just to have the crate!
It's seriously engineered!).

TR 4A - Left Hand Door -  This is a door that I thought was in extremely
good condition, so I kept it for a restoration project... I've had it
since 1984...   After that restoration project was cancelled, I thought
I'd hang on to it for my current 4A.. .. but the other day, I really
looked at it... and rolled up the window... and peered inside... and saw
that the panel had been repaired... long ago..  with the old drill and
pull method... so there's bondo ooozing through some holes from the
backside, (hidden inside the door, etc.)   Well... that means that the
door on my current car is jsut as good as this one... so there's no
reason to keep it.   This door is in great shape... California car...
the door has always been stored indoors...  it's very nice...  perfect
for a vintage race car.....   or... for a really concours restoration,
if you had one of those new skins put on....    or anywhere in
between.   $40.00 if you come pick it up