fot

RODS

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: RODS
From: "Mordy Dunst" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 20:05:51 -0600
I have no idea which rod is the best...  Historically, Carrillos have an
excellent reputation.

I do know that John at Advanced Engine Management builds some very serious
National type Honda VTEC motors.  If you ever get a chance to see how this
motor works on the bench you will understand  why Honda is doing well.

The motor that they won the National in (1/4 mile drag racing) was a front
wheel drive Honda with an ET of about 8sec at 180mph.  His 2 liter motor
puts out about 250hp per Cylinder and he recommends Saenz rods.. take it for
what its worth.

There is a company in San Diego that also make some outstanding rods calle
Pauter Rods.  I once made some gaskets for Mr. Pauter.  His interest is the
baja buggy type cars.  I haven't  seen his rods but, am told that they are
similar to Carrillos.  I don't know what his price is.

Mordy Dunst
Gasket Works USA, LLC
www.headgasket.com
626-358-1616 voice/fax