fot

Re: Lower A-Arm Studs

To: "Dave Brackin" <dbrackin@charter.net>, <WEmery7451@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Lower A-Arm Studs
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 20:52:25 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Brackin" <dbrackin@charter.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the input guys.  I hear what your saying, but I always seem to
> have a hard time getting the pan to drop onto the studs.  Maybe it's my
> spring compressor.  I use an old single rod compressor which extends down
> from the shock hole in the tower through the spring and the pan.  It's
> really safe that way but it sure makes the pan harder to move into
position
> on the studs.
>
> My new lower wishbones came without studs so I'm going to try one side
> tomorrow just to see if it is harder to install.

If you initially used a much longer set of bolts for the middle attachment
point,
it could be used as the first set of "guide pins" to position the other 4
bolts
as the pan is drawn up via the single rod comprssion method.  Once the other
4
correct bolts and nuts are in place through the pan, the two long bolts used
as guides should be able to be removed and replaced with correct length
bolts.

I'm doing this from memory having torn down and reassembled at least
4 such efforts.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers,
Bill Sohl