fot

Re: Neophyte Bonding with TR3A

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Neophyte Bonding with TR3A
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:49:35 -0600
Bill,
Bob tells me this engine is a fairly conservative race engine with 10.5:1
compression, stock rods and a stock nitrided crank.  I've been using 6,000 as
the redline based on what I've read here.  Should I take that down a little?
It's really easy to get carried away, because with this cam, the car is
pulling real good at 6,000 (better than after shifting up), so it take some
self discipline.  This is a really good car for a beginning racer, but I'm
always thinking ahead.  Since Hallet is like my home turf, I'd like to be
ready when those Texas and Colorado boys show up in the fall.
Larry