fot

RE: TR7 autocrosser, IT car?

To: "'Don Marshall'" <marshall@nefcom.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR7 autocrosser, IT car?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:12:58 -0800
There are a lot of attractive TR7's and 8s around. A friend of mine used
to have a backyard full, and I know he is a real tightwad, so they must
have been very cheap. If you really want one you should start off with one
that has a hope of being worth the effort--that means running, restored,
and either a TR8 to begin with or one of the many TR7s that got retro'ed
with a V8. You email makes it sound like this is a feasible car, which may
mean you're hoping someone will talk you into it, but a relatively
unpopular and unloved car that's been in a flood and parked for 20 years
spells J-U-N-K

Of course there are people who amuse themselves restoring Renault
Dauphines.