fot

G-3 cam set up

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: G-3 cam set up
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:39:43 -0500
FOT

I'm building a spare engine for the TR4. Looking at the Specs listed in the
Comp Prep Manual, it says inlet open s at 51 BTDC closes 79 ATDC. Exh. Opens
79 BBDC and clsoes 51 ATDC. Duratiom 309 and total lift .499

The closest we can get to this using a checking setting of 50 but it's
inlets at 54-70 and exhaust 81-47. Obviuosly we're doing something wrong.
Does anyone know at what point you are supposed to check a G-3 cam?

The machinist thinks it may have been reworked,.

Thanks,

Bob Kramer