fot

Re: LUCKY

To: "Mordy Dunst/Gasket Works USA, LLC" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Subject: Re: LUCKY
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 23:25:35 -0600
"Mordy Dunst/Gasket Works USA, LLC" wrote:

> Just came back from a great weekend with VARA at buttonwillow raceway.  BTW,
> VARA was able to donate $15,000 to the Boys and Girls club of Bakersfield and
> an additional $6,000 to other charities.  This was clearly a  successful
> event.....VERY IMPRESSIVE>.  Congratulations to the club for  making this
> happen.

Congratulations on a _socially_ successful event, first.

> NOW for my lucky story.

> So, picture this...the trailer coupling is locked to the hitch ball which
> still locked to the receiver  tube by the round pin.  The anti - sway bar and
> the dual load stabilizers and safety chains are all attached to the hitch
> receiver tube as well.  All of this is resting on the ground. about 10feet
> behind the tow vehicle...
>
>   If this had happened at fwy speed....or up or down the grapevines 6%
> grade......
>
> -you would have seen it on your news-

I think all of us would not to prefer to make the news in that fashion,
and especially so if you (or we) were wiping out favored grapes in the
process.... <g> And, yes, you're very lucky. Have you always led such a
charmed life? <g>

And, on a Triumph subject, please contact me about TR4 head gaskets,
please. I now need some advice.... And not about hitches coming loose
and wiping out a California 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon.... <smile>

Cheers, Mordy.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

The gulf between content and substance continues to widen....