fot

VARA / Buttonwillow race

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: VARA / Buttonwillow race
From: "Mordy Dunst/Gasket Works USA, LLC" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 07:02:31 -0700
The British Extraveganza put on by VARA and main sponsor MOSS Mtrs was filled
with roughly 250+ race cars I'm told.  The EP and FP  groups had an amazing
amount of entries.  I'm sure we had between us about 100 cars.

The weather could not have been more kind, absolutely lovely  and tropically
warm with a touch of light humidity.  The trees were just swaying lazily with
a continous slight breeze.   Just the weekend before the track was deluged
with over an 1'' of rain and flooded out the Pits.

The local and not so local car clubs, Morgan, Mini (new and Old),*TR, MG, VERY
Pre-Historic racers (1910-1920+), Bentley, Miata... and others were out there
in force.

On Saturday noon drive around there were just over 100 cars parading around
the track....  Huge Beef BBQ on Sat night with Karaoke until very late.
Some singers were pretty good some you want to throw a shoe at.

I was the VERY lucky one this weekend.    I checkered at the finish of Sundays
EP race.
The TR challenge race was won by Jim Wilkins in his Spitfire.

Mid Ohio here we come...but not untill I fix  the hitch.

M. Dunst
Gasket Works USA, LLC
626.358.1616 voice/page
626.358.7971 fax

Gasket Works will be away June 8 through June 23.
www.headgasket.com
-