fot

Re: Overdrive Setup for Racing

To: "Larry Young" <cartravel@pobox.com>,
Subject: Re: Overdrive Setup for Racing
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:21:10 +1200
Larry,
Although I'm not an expert on 'A' type overdrives I can give you some
pointers. Overdrive pressure should be sufficient to allow the unit to
engage when full torque is being transmitted (it is this that tries to push
it out), but if it is too high then the clutch may not last long and it can
be very harsh engaging. The exception to this appears to be the 'J' type
where it is fiitted behind so many cars the pressure can vary from 350 to
over 600 without too many problems. Basically I wouldn't go much more than
the original spec unless you have a lot more torque as it will cause more
problems than it solves.
John Kipping