fot

Re: Safety Wiring Sump Bolts Questionaire Results

To: jmwagner@greenheart.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety Wiring Sump Bolts Questionaire Results
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 15:52:38 EDT
jmwagner@greenheart.com writes:

<< 6 people mentioned that they also added baffles. >>

Where are these baffles being located in the oil sump?  Are they across the
front of the sump with a spring loaded trap door to allow for oil return?
The baffle has to be able to clear the dip stick and the oil pump pickup.
Greg's Engine Room is hopefully making me a new oil pump pickup with the
screen on the bottom.

I had recently installed a sump baffle straight down the left side (while
sitting behind the wheel) of the screen oil pump pickup.  This was an effort
to keep more oil in the vicinity of the pickup.  After my last bearing spin,
I decided that this baffle provided a ramp to made it easier for the oil to
slosh out of the sump.