fot

Re: Mid-Ohio question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio question
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 22:34:41 -0600 (MDT)
     Thursday is not an official spectator day will they
     even let me in the track?

Yikes, I hadn't even thought of that.  Most of the races I've been to lately
are the ones where I get there friday to unlock the gate, and I'm the last one
to leave sunday night after locking up again.  It will be odd to be at a race
where I won't be doing much, if anything at all [1].  It will also be odd to
see more than a dozen cars on the track, a real track at that, all at the same
time.  I'm expecting this weekend to be different than the typical IVR weekend
I attend.

I am planning on showing up thursday afternoon in plenty of time for the FOT
gathering that night.  I just assumed I'd be able to get in.  Would wearing
a tux help me breeze through the gate, or should I pack some greasy coveralls
as the apparel of choice?  Hmm, I bet there's more than one gate even.  As you
might guess, this is my first time at Mid Ohio, so the terrain will all be
unfamiliar to me.  I imagine I'll survive the trip though, assuming they let
me in.  Do I need to be listed on someone's crew or something?

Speaking of being let in, I've just put myself out this evening.  I was out
in the home garage shuffling things about, and now Karen's CRV has a nice
cozy slot in the garage next to Killer.  And the Civic Si that occupied that
space for the last 15 years is now forced to brave the elements.  Hmm, at one
time the Triumph in the garage was red, now the Honda in the garage is red.
Actually, over Memorial Day the Civic Si was once again parked next to Junior,
the red '74 squaretail Spit I used to race and which shared the garage for
quite some time.  I'm starting to blather on, enough for now.

mjb.

1. If needed, though, I can certainly be madly working on a Triumph to get it
to grid for the next session, I do have some experience with that aspect of
racing!  And I won't have to do the work in my fire suit and helmet.