fot

Limited Slip Diffs

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Limited Slip Diffs
From: Wes Dayton <oilyrag@hsrca.org.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 20:07:17 +1000
Okay - this question is on behalf of a fellow racer who was part of our FOT
community, but due to a frightening experience with a computer sometime
during his early years, can't bring himself to send or read messages (scarry
too because he's a doctor who will happily cut you open and replace your
ticker).

He wants to buy a limited slip diff for his TR3A racer (which races against
me - why am I doing this)? It is now purely a race car, running in our
historic series (8-9 races meeting/year etc).

He currently has a Detroit-Locker which he doesn't like because of its
harshness. He's broken a few axles, but now seems to have that under
control, but still doesn't like the "Locker's" feel.

I have a Quaife (which came with my car) which I find very good, but I
really have nothing to compare it with. From our (possibly limited)
viewpoint, people seem to lean towards either Quaife or Salisbury units.
Their operation is quite different, but what he's looking for is a reliable
unit that works more smoothly that his current set-up.

Did I mention that he's a doctor? That probably means "money is no object"
although I guess he has to be sensible.

Just interested in your general comments. It has probably been covered
before, but I can't find anything in my old notes.