fot

propane and superchargers

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: propane and superchargers
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:24:33 -0500
Hi all!

As a long time Triumph nut I'm happy to be here. I live in the Chicago area
near Irv Korey and I drive my petrol injected TR6 to work whenever I can. I
also own a 1963 Herald 1200 convertible. I've driven a few autocross and
drag strip runs but my real passion is engineering.

To participate in the Grassroots Motorsports magazine $2002 Challenge two
teammates and I built a supercharged, propane powered GT6+. We weren't
among the top finishers this year but the crazy thing actually worked and
successfully completed the course. The organizers awarded us an honorable
mention for the team that "best demonstrated the spirit of the event".
Here's the story: http://www.snic-braaapp.org/igrm2k-pt1.htm

For those unfamiliar with the contest the rules were simple: You could
spend a maximum of $2002 including the cost of the vehicle. Entries had to
be based on a production car and be more or less street legal. The three
part event was to consist of a 1/4 mile drag race (rained out) for 40
points, a Solo II autocross for 40 points, and concours judging for 20 points.

We've received some favorable press so far including a passing mention in
Car and Driver magazine. We plan to go back next year for the $2003 Challenge.

Erik Quackenbush

--
Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com