fot

Sump Gasket - SAFETY WIRING

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sump Gasket - SAFETY WIRING
From: Justin <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:13:58 -0700
It was brought to my attention that I may have inadvertantly freaked
AMICI members out about the necessity of safety wiring the sump if my
new gasket is used.

That had been my suspicion while the gasket was still only on paper, but
in practice, it was not the case.

Standard bolts, split loc washers, with Loctite is fine.  And in most
cases, stock bolts are long enough, but you do have to figure about
3/16" of additional length when torqued.  In most cases, that leaves
plenty of thread in the block.

I am simply offering the aircraft bolts (cross drilled for safety wire)
for those that like that sort of thing.  They are, afterall, quite sexy
looking.   Or "trick", which would be the first words the come to mind.

I had no idea that a simple questionaire, asking who (already)
safety-wired their sump would be so controversial!

--Justin Wagner